On November 1, the County will implement automated cart collection and move to a new four-day curbside waste collection schedule that will improve service and consistency for residents. The change will mean that the majority of residents will have a new collection day and time when they roll their two carts to the curb for the first time on the first week of November.
Many seasonal areas are being prioritized for collection early in the week, and many larger downtown business districts scheduled for Wednesdays and Thursdays to avoid extended set-out periods. After November 1, Fridays will be reserved for any missed areas due to weather or service impacts.
While your collection day and time may be different after November 1, the frequency of weekly collection of organics and alternating collection weeks for recycling and garbage will continue. NOTE: Collection times may continue to change for some time after November 1 while new routes are optimized.
Helpful resources to confirm your new waste collection day as of November 1st...
- The map below shows the collection days for residents as of November 1. A printable version is available here .
- Details and the map will be included in your new Solid Waste Management Calendar arriving to all County households in mid-September and will also be included in our fall edition of our Managing Your Waste mailer
- Check out our interactive map, which allows you to zoom in and search by your address
- Scroll to the bottom of this page and use our interactive waste collection widget to search by your address
- Download our free Simcoe County Collects app on your mobile device to receive reminders and alerts in real time
New Waste Collection Route Map Effective November 1st, 2021