Sign In
Skip Navigation LinksSimcoe County > Departments > Social Housing > Apply for Rent-Geared-to-Income Housing

Apply for Rent-Geared-to-Income Housing

​​​The County of Simcoe maintains waitlists for rent-geared-to-income housing owned or delivery by the Simcoe County Housing Corporation, and non-profit or co-operative providers.

In order to be eligible for Social Housing, at least one member in your household must be 16 years or older. You must be a Canadian Citizen, Landed Immigrant or have Refugee Claimant Status. You must not owe arrears to any social housing provider or have misrepresented your household income. If you own a house, you must agree to sell it within six months of being housed. You may not have assets worth more than $50,000. All members of the household who are 16 years or older must sign the application and copies of birth certificates, proof of Canadian Citizenship or Landed Immigrant status for all members of the household must be provided.

application for subsidized housing:

•You can print a copy of the Application here

•It can be picked up at the Social and Community Services office located at 1110 Highway 26, Midhurst, ON.

•You can request that it be mailed to you by calling 705-725-7215, and pressing ‘3’.