The Age-Friendly Individual Recognition and Achievement Award recognizes an individual who demonstrates an outstanding commitment to creating age-friendly communities through the following criteria:
- Enriches the lives of older adults in their community(s), particularly those who are vulnerable or less able to help themselves.
- Demonstrates leadership in and a commitment to age-friendly development, projects and/or initiatives in their community(s).
- Improves the overall quality of life of vulnerable older adult residents and the community as a whole.
- Is an older adult (60+) who devotes their time to selfless voluntary service.
- Serves as a role model and champion for others within their community(s) and exemplifies the spirit of community service.
The Age-Friendly Individual Recognition and Achievement Awards Submissions due date is September 30, 2023. Awards are presented at a special awards event that will take place at the end of each program year (date to be confirmed).
How to Nominate Someone
- Complete the Age-Friendly Individual Recognition and Achievement Application Form. (If you require a Form mailed to you, please contact us)
- Forward your nomination form and any relevant information by mail or email.
Mail: Attention: Age-Friendly Individual Recognition and Achievement Award
County of Simcoe
1110 Hwy. 26
If you have any questions, please contact: Tracy Hill, Age-Friendly Champion at 705-726-9300 ext. 3127 Tracy.Hill@simcoe.ca
- Nominator Form
- Supporting testimonials from those who attest to the value and impact of the individual’s achievements (not to exceed 250 words each). Testimonials must be dated and signed.
- Submit any additional reference materials to support the nomination, as required (such as media clippings, etc.). Additional materials to not exceed 5 pages.
* Awards are presented at a special awards event at the end of each program year *