Effective January 1, 2018 County of Simcoe waste collection service changes may affect your industrial, commercial or institutional location.
If you are currently using County of Simcoe curbside garbage collection, the eligible amount effective January 1, 2018 will be:
- One untagged bag of garbage collected weekly per property (not per individual business or unit within the property)
- Up to 3 tagged bags of garbage collected weekly per property (for a total of 4 bags weekly per property).
The collection limits for recycling and organics will remain the same:
- The equivalent of up to 6 standard sized recycling bins collected weekly per property (or two carts)
- Up to 6 standard size green organic bins collected weekly per property
- IC&I locations must reasonably participate in the recycling and organics programs in order for their garbage to be collected.
Businesses that produce quantities of garbage that exceed County service levels must manage the excess waste at their own expense, whether through private service or by delivery of materials to waste management facilities (tipping fee for garbage). For full rate schedule, please click here.
For more information please contact Customer Service at email@example.com, 705-735-6901, or 1-800-263-3199.