Council Committee of the Whole reports to County Council. Within Committee of the Whole, there are three business sections: Performance Management, Human Services, and Corporate Services. The following list shows the business sections and the Committees and Sub-Committees that report through them to Committee of the Whole. The Governance and Striking Committees report directly to County Council.
View all Agendas, Minutes and Reports.
- Committee of the Whole
- Performance Management
- Accessibility Advisory Committee
- Audit and Finance Committee
- Museum Advisory Committee
- Human Services
- Affordable Housing Advisory Committee
- Corporate Services
- Agricultural Liaison Committee
- Economic Development Sub-committee
- Planning Advisory Committee
- Grant Task Force
- Governance Committee
- Striking Committee
The Simcoe County Housing Corporation Board holds meetings during the Human Services portion of the Committee of the Whole meetings, and the Shareholder, being the County of Simcoe Council holds its Annual Meeting during a session of County Council.
The Striking Committee is comprised of the Warden, Deputy Warden, Chairs and Vice-Chairs of the Business Sections and is responsible for recommending appointment of members of County Council to various boards and committees, both internally and externally.
Lake Simcoe Regional Airport – Board of Director Recruitment
Lake Simcoe Regional Airport (LSRA) is one of 11 Southern Ontario Airport Network (SOAN) airports, and is seeking applications from ONE qualified person to sit on the LSRA Board of Directors until December 31, 2022, or until a successor is appointed.
The Lake Simcoe Regional Airport (LSRA - CYLS) is a municipal corporation that manages and operates a regional airport facility that significantly contributes to the economies of Simcoe County, the City of Barrie and the Province of Ontario.
Education and Experience
To be considered for appointment, please provide examples from your career that clearly demonstrate how you may meet some or all of the following requirements in your cover letter:
- Experience serving as a member of a board of directors for a significant public or private sector organization or an executive answerable to stakeholders in the public or private sector;
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Commercial aviation; business aviation aircrew or operations; land use planning; accounting or finance; engineering; public relations; law; communications; security management; government relations; stakeholder engagement, and corporate governance; and
- Strong business skills and judgment gained through experience in large commercial air carrier organizations would be considered an asset.
Eligibility Factors and Conditions
In your cover letter, it will be important that you confirm you meet the following requirements, and prior to any commencement candidates will be required to make declarations to the following:
The following persons may not be a director of LSRA:
- Anyone that is less than 18 years of age;
- A person who is not an individual;
- A person who does not have power under law to contract;
- An individual who is not a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident;
- An individual who has the legal status of an undischarged bankrupt;
- A person that is related to an officer, employee or director of LSRA;
- A person who has been an employee of the LSRA.
Persons appointed to the LSRA Board of Directors are provided a Per Diem and mileage per meeting, as set by County Council. The 2021 per diem is $142.28. The mileage rate for this year is $0.59/km up to 5,000kms, and $0.53 over 5,000kms. Under current conditions, meetings are anticipated to be held virtually.
How to apply
The deadline to apply is end of business day on Friday, October 1, 2021.
Candidates must submit a cover letter highlighting their interest and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.