Our waste survey is now closed. Thank you to everyone who participated. Congratulations to our winners!
- 10 $100 gift certificates for a variety of dining establishments throughout the County
- 5 $100 gift certificates for a variety of golf courses throughout the County
- A grand prize of a spa day for 2 at Vetta Spa valued at $1,000
- Solicited business participants will receive a $10 Tim's e-card for their feedback
*For the official contest rules, see below.
Feedback from the survey will help Council and staff learn about current waste habits as well as areas of improvement that could lead to higher waste diversion and reduce the amount of material we send to landfill. The survey will also assist in providing insight into how residents and businesses use our waste facilities and how they prefer to receive communications, alerts and information about waste management programs.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. SPONSOR: The Simcoe County Waste Survey Prize Draw (the “Contest") is sponsored by R.A. Malatest & Associates Ltd., 200 – 1243 Islington Ave Etobicoke, Ontario M8X 1Y9 (the “Sponsor").
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, with the exception of employees of the Sponsor, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials and those living in the same household.
By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in the Sponsor's sole discretion.
3. CONTEST DATES AND TIMES: The Contest begins on May 24, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. EDT and ends on July 1, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. EDT (the “Contest End Date") after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
4. HOW TO ENTER: You can enter by completing the Simcoe Waste survey located at simcoewastesurvey.com and entering your complete contact information – first and last name, telephone number and/or email address – at the end of the survey before the Contest End Date. The contact information provided will only be used to communicate with the winners of the prize draw. For this Contest receipt of an Internet entry occurs when Sponsor's server records the entry information. All entries must be complete and are subject to verification by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Limit 1 entry per person, per household.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor's sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contest Rules are void. Entrants grant Sponsor a non-exclusive license to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
5. CONTEST PRIZES: There are a total of 16 prizes available to be won consisting of: 10 X $100 gift certificates to a dining establishment located in Simcoe County; 5 X $100 gift certificates to a golf course located in Simcoe County; and 1 X $1,000 spa day for two.
All prizes are subject to availability, determined in the sole direction of the Sponsor.
All winners assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this promotion or use or redemption of a prize. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and have no cash value. Prizes or any portion thereof cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize is unavailable at time of award.
6. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: Individuals who do not want, or are ineligible, to complete the survey at www.simcoewastesurvey.com may still enter the prize draw. Individuals are required to send a letter with their first and last name, telephone number and/or email address to the address below. The information provided will be used only to communicate with the winners of the prize draw. All entries must be complete and are subject to verification by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Mail entries must arrive by 5:00pm on the final date of eligibility to be included in the prize draw. Limit of one entry per person.
Mailed entries for the prize draw should be posted to:
Simcoe County Waste Survey Prize Draw
R.A. Malatest & Associates Ltd.,
200 – 1243 Islington Ave
Etobicoke, Ontario M8X 1Y9
6. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received before the Contest End Date.
7. SKILL TESTING QUESTION: Selected Entrants will be required, as a condition to winning a prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, the Sponsor's time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question.
8. WINNER SELECTION AND CONFIRMATION: On July 8, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. EDT at 200 – 1243 Islington Ave, Etobicoke, Ontario M8X 1Y9 (“Draw Date") an employee, agent or other representative of the Sponsor, will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries and select the 16 potential winners (the “Selected Entrants"). The Selected Entrants will be deemed a winner if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules.
If a Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared a winner, a Selected Entrant will be required to: (i) correctly answer the Sponsor's skill-testing question; (ii) sign and return the Sponsor's Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form (“Winner Release"); and (iii) comply with all other Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
The Selected Entrant will be notified within five (5) business days of the draw and will be contacted via the email address provided at the time of entry into the Contest, in Sponsor's sole discretion, and up to three attempts will be made within 36 hours following the draw. A Selected Entrant that does not or cannot accept the Prize may be forfeited and a new Selected Entrant selected by random draw, in the Sponsor's sole discretion. The Sponsor's signed Winner Release must be received by Sponsor no later than no later than Friday July 15, 2022 and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a Selected Entrant's response.
Disputes regarding identity of entrant: If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder (the individual assigned to the e-mail address or, if applicable for entry, social media handle associated with the entry). Each Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder associated with the selected entry.
All prizes must be awarded to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry.
9. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: The winner must sign the Sponsor's Winner Release to: (i) confirm compliance with the Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept the prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (the “Released Parties") from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of the Entry by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties' control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant's participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the Prize as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by an entrant with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize and the use of the Entry by Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information which may affect a person's ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries which fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Declaration and Release forms; (iv) injury or damage to the entrant's computer or to any other individual's computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto and the use of the Entry by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers" or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
10. OTHER CONDITIONS: The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contest End Date.
Publicity and entrant information: By participating in the Contest, entrants consent to the use of their name, address, postal code, telephone number, social media handles, comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, all as may be edited, translated or otherwise modified by the Sponsor in Sponsor's sole discretion, for the administration of this Contest or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, without further notice or compensation.
Law: The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of Ontario, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Barrie, Ontario.
Rule amendments: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest.
Intellectual Property: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited. The Sponsor's marketing or other partners, if any, shall also have access to and rights to reproduce, copy or otherwise use any materials generated by this Contest or any submissions or materials generated by entrants.
© R.A. Malatest & Associates Ltd. 2022. All Rights Reserved.