Site Specific Amendment to the County of Simcoe Official Plan (County File: SC-OPA-1801)
The County of Simcoe has received a complete application to amend the County of Simcoe Official Plan for the lands shown in the key map below.
THE PURPOSE of the amendment is to modify Section 3.14 'Special Development Area - Big Bay Point' in the County of Simcoe Official Plan by deleting specific references to the number of hotel and residential units and minimum floor area requirements for conference and retail commercial uses. Such metrics will however continue to be set out in the Town of Innisfil Official Plan.
THE EFFECT of the amendment is to permit an increase in the number of resort residential units from 1,600 to 2,600 within the existing Marina Village District area of the Friday Harbour Resort in Big Bay Point.
In accordance with Section 17(15) of the Planning Act, the County will be circulating relevant information to government agencies, ministries, and regulatory authorities and First Nations for their review and comment. The Ministry of Municipal Affairs is the approval authority for all County Official Plan amendments.
The following plans, reports and studies have been prepared in support of the applications:
- Composite Master Plan dated December 18, 2017
- Planning Justification Report prepared by Malone Given Parsons Ltd. dated December 2017
- Urban Design Review prepared by MBTW – WAI dated January 22, 2018
- Amenity Study Report prepared by Nicholls & Associates Ltd. Design and Planning Consultants dated December 2017
- Revised Phosphorus Budget prepared by Hutchinson Environmental Sciences Ltd. Dated December 17, 2017
- Commercial Needs Assessment prepared by Urban Metrics Inc. dated December 20, 2017
- Functional Servicing Report prepared by SCS Consulting Group Ltd. dated December 2017
- Heritage Assessment Report prepared by Beacon Environmental dated December 2017
- Analysis of Economic and Fiscal Impacts prepared by Altus Group dated December 20, 2017
- Transportation and Parking Assessment prepared by BA Group dated December 20, 2017
- Hydrogeological Review prepared by Golder Associates Ltd. dated December 22, 2017
- Public Consultation Strategy
Planning Staff Report - CCW 2018-396
Schedule 1 to CCW 2018-396
Schedule 2 to CCW 2018-396
Schedule 3 to CCW 2018-396
Schedule 4 to CCW 2018-396
Schedule 5 to CCW 2018-396
Schedule 6 to CCW 2018-396
Schedule 7 to CCW 2018-396
Application to Amend the County of Simcoe Official Plan
Notice of Adoption (Posted July 9, 2018)
Notice of Public Meeting
Notice of Complete Application
Official Plan Amendment
OPA No. 3 (Posted July 9, 2018)
Adopting By-law No. 6755 (Posted July 9, 2018)
Draft Official Plan Amendment Text
Questions regarding the application and/or the forthcoming Planning process can be directed to the County's Planning Department at (705) 726-9300.