We will no longer be supporting IE7 and below as a web browser effective June 1st 2020. Click here for more information.

Sign In
Skip Navigation LinksSimcoe County > Departments > Social Housing > Apply for Special Needs Housing

Apply for Special Needs Housing

​Special needs housing means a unit that is modified for or is made available for occupancy by a household who has one or more persons who require accessibility modifications to live independently.​  All persons requesting one of these units need to complete an Application for Subsidized Housing and provide a doctor’s letter to verify their need. 

There is an additional form called a Housing Preference Availability Form which can be completed in person at the County of Simcoe Administration Centre, Social and Community Services Division office at 1110 Hwy 26 Midhurst, Ontario.​  (Please ask for the “Special Needs Housing” binder). 

Applicants applying for these units will be placed on the waiting list for the units at the buildings they choose on the Housing preference Availability Form.  If your needs change and you no longer require a modified unit, please contact Simcoe County Housing Corporation at 705-725-7215, then press 3.