Simcoe County > Departments > Long Term Care and Seniors Services > Simcoe Village Campus > FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
Simcoe Village Campus FAQ
What is the County of Simcoe's involvement with the Simcoe Village Campus redevelopment?
- The County operates four long term care and seniors services facilities and provides additional regional programs to older adults. Simcoe Manor is the oldest of these facilities, originally constructed in 1898. The home has undergone three subsequent developments with the most recent occuring in 1992. As a proven operator, the County is Accredited with Exemplary Standing by Accreditation Canada (2016).
- In April 2020, the County agreed to purchase a 20.6-acre property adjacent to the existing Simcoe Manor and Village facility to establish close to 30 acres for this future redevelopment and expansion, which will allow the facility to stay in Beeton and serve the southern part of the County.
Does the County have any experience building a long-term care home, residence, and community of this size?
- The redeveloped Simcoe Manor will replicate the award-winning Georgian Village campus model, which received the AMO - PJ Marshall Innovation Award (2014) and OANHSS - Innovation and Excellence Award (2017).
What makes this Campus so important for our area?
- This Campus will provide regional behavioural support and telemedicine coordination to all 29 long term care facilities in our area along with support for over 1,300 seniors through the operation of four seniors services locations
- As we continue to see an increase in our aging population, there is a significant need for additional housing and services to support older adults in our community. With current wait lists of 702 individuals for Simcoe Manor and 388 for Simcoe Village, the demand for seniors housing is ever increasing. The new campus will provide a broad variety of additional housing units aligned with an entire suite of services so that our older adults can access services and amenities and continue to age in place within the Village community.
What kind of amenities, programs, and services will be offered?
- Amenities, programs,
and services are expected to include: health/medical services, coffee bar and bistro, retail, salon, physiotherapy,
hospice support, exercise area, and outdoor recreation options, among other
services and programs for residents and older adults living independently in
When will people start moving in to the Simcoe Village Campus?
- The preliminary timeline is to receive occupancy in late 2025/2026 (subject to change)
How big is the Simcoe Village Campus going to be?
- All the buildings on the Campus considered total 520,600 square feet, with a range of housing options for seniors, long-term care, and many amenities, chosen specifically for the lifestyle that Simcoe Village Campus will offer for older adults who wish to age-in-place.
Where can I inquire for more information?