The Finance Department
serves the interests of Council, ratepayers and all County Division service delivery units to sustain the long term plans of the County through the provision of:
- financial corporate leadership
- strategic management services
- timely accounting support services
- accountable financial reporting and control
- Provide financial corporate leadership / management consistent with Council's strategic vision and service delivery performance targets.
- Refine and disseminate the information for management to aid in their financial and performance accountability to Council and ratepayers.
- Maximize internal client and stakeholder satisfaction through the deliver efficient, timely, consistent corporate management and support services.
- Provide a healthy work environment for staff which promotes excellence in service delivery, personal / professional growth and safety.
- Assist operational areas in developing performance indicators, performance measurement tools, work plans and provide timely reporting on them.
- Meet the operational accounting needs for all County Divisions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, reporting, financial analysis, financial advice and audit requirements.
- Develop and sustain partnerships with lower tier municipalities
- Manage County assessment related issues including the setting of tax ratios and the implementation of County-wide tax initiatives and policies