Based on ridership, the County of Simcoe is adjusting LINX Transit Service hours of operation to continue to deliver the most efficient transit options throughout this challenging period. The County continues to review all essential and critical service areas to meet the needs of residents and businesses.
Starting Monday, April 13, LINX Transit is making the following adjustments:
- Route 1 – Penetanguishene/Midland to Barrie – frequency of service will be reduced from hourly to every 90 minutes (temporary schedule)
- Route 2 – Wasaga Beach to Barrie – this service will remain unchanged
- Route 3 – Orillia to Barrie – frequency of service will be reduced to every 100 minutes between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.; service will remain every 50 minutes between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m. and between 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. (temporary schedule)
- Route 4 – Wasaga Beach to Collingwood – this service will remain unchanged
- LINX+ (accessible transit) is not affected by these schedule changes
Reminder: There is no transit service on Good Friday. To find out when your next bus is arriving, go to www.nextlinx.simcoe.ca/ or use Transit app, available at https://transitapp.com/.
Staff will continue to monitor ridership and adjust services accordingly during the COVID-19 pandemic.