The boarding and unloading of a stroller is the responsibility of the passenger. For the safety and well-being of young children in strollers, as well as other passengers and the operator, these guidelines must be followed:
- Passengers may park strollers in the wheelchair accessible area only if the area is NOT required by priority passengers. If space allows, seats should be flipped up so that the stroller can be parked out of the aisle. Passengers with strollers must vacate these seats if they are requested to do so by passengers with priority requirements.
- If the front seats are unavailable, passengers with strollers are asked to move to the rear of the bus. Once the stroller is parked, passengers should lock the wheels of the stroller and remain in firm control of it at all times.
- The stroller should not obstruct the aisle or impede the flow of passengers.
- Strollers too large to fit comfortably down the centre aisle, or that result in passengers not being able to access seats or exits, must be folded and stowed at the front or back of the bus as space permits.
- If a stroller must be folded, children should be seated or held securely on an adult's lap.
- Play buggies, plastic pull-along carts and wagons are not permitted at any time.
- Strollers may be denied if they will limit passenger access once on board the bus. Passengers should be aware that if the bus cannot accommodate their stroller, they may need to wait for a later bus or choose an alternate form of transportation.