Seating areas at the front of the bus on either side of the aisle are designated for passengers with greater need of a seat. It is a requirement under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Priority Seating is for the use of passengers with a disability. These seats are located close to the front of the vehicle. Customers are expected to respect and obey the purpose of the designated seating area, which means: if you are sitting in one of these designated seats, you MUST vacate the seat for a passenger with a disability.
- A person with a disability occupying a Priority seat is not required to move for another customer with a disability. Use of these seats is on a first come-first served basis.
- You are not required or expected to leave a transit vehicle in order to make room for a customer with a disability.
- Bus drivers/operators will not intervene to enforce the requirement. We ask, however, that you show consideration for those whose need is greater than your own.
Courtesy Seating is intended to provide additional seating for people who will benefit from having a seat near the front of the vehicle including:
- expectant mothers
- adults traveling with infants or small children, or
- any other passenger who may benefit from a seat
If you are sitting in one of these designated seats, please respect its purpose and give up your seat to those who need it.
Drivers/operators will not enforce this requirement or intervene in any dispute related to Courtesy Seating. We ask, however, that you respect this designated seating area and show consideration for those whose need is greater than your own.