Simcoe County LINX Transit - Support Person Pass
The support person pass is designed for people who require assistance using transit to get to their destination. The program allows a customer's support person to travel for free on Simcoe County LINX Transit conventional or specialized services.
Any customer who requires support can
apply for a Support Person Card
. This card identifies a person who needs assistance while travelling on LINX Transit due to a disability. The person assisting will not pay a fare.
There is no fee for your first card, or if you need to replace a damaged card.
Eligibility for the Support Person Pass
The program is open to anyone who, due to a disability, cannot travel independently on conventional or specialized transit service. The support person can be a family member, friend, paid attendant or volunteer - anyone who travels with you to assist you in using transit.
Applying for the Support Person Pass
Complete the application form. You may:
• Call Customer Service at 705-735-6901 to have a form mailed to you.
• Pick up a form in person at the County of Simcoe Administration Centre (1110 Highway 26, Midhurst L9X 1N6)
The application should be completed by a health care professional with one of the following designations:
• Licensed physician
• Registered nurse practitioner
• Registered nurse
• Certified psychologist/psychiatrist
• Licensed physiotherapist
• Registered occupational therapist
• Licensed optometrist/ophthalmologist
• Registered Social Worker with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
• Developmental Services Resource Centre Service Coordinator
• CCAC Care Coordinator
• Certified Orientation and Mobility Specialist
• Simcoe County LINX Transit will not reimburse any fees charged by a health care professional.
Submit the completed form to:
County of Simcoe
Attn. Transit Department
1110 Highway 26, Midhurst, ON L9X 1N6
Phone: 1-866-893-9300 ext. 1210
Using the Support Person Pass
The support person pass is an ID card of the person who requires assistance.
The support person pass should be shown to the operator when boarding, along with your fare or LINX smartcard.