How LINX Fares Work
Your LINX Fare is based on whether you're an adult, child, senior, or student and the distance you're travelling between two specified points called fare zones. The County is divided into 3 fare zones.
The Cash fare is the same for all transit riders. Depending on the distance travelled, the cash fare ranges from $2.00, $4.00 to $6.00. Let the bus operator know your destination and deposit the correct cash fare into the farebox at the front of the bus. We use the “exact fare cash" system and the Transit operators do not carry change.
To save money use the LINX Card which is an electronic, reloadable transit fare card that helps make travelling on transit easy and convenient. When you load and use your card, the County of Simcoe will discount you and help lower your trip cost. The Adult fare will be discounted 10% and Seniors / Students will receive a discount of 15% in transit cash.
To pay your fare, you pay by cash or use a LINX Card. You can
calculate the fare for your trip here.
Click on below Route links to view fare costs and route information.
Route 1 - Penetanguishene/Midland to Barrie
Route 2 - Wasaga Beach to Barrie
Route 3 - Orillia to Barrie
Route 4 - Collingwood to Wasaga Beach
Route 5 - New Tecumseth to Bradford West Gwillimbury
Route 6 - Midland to Orillia
Transit Fare Rules:
- The fares are determined based on the number of zones traveled though on each one-way trip. LINX Card users are required to both “tap on" and “tap-off" in order for appropriate fare to be charged.
- Passengers paying by cash must advise the driver of their destination upon boarding bus and pay the appropriate fare.
- Students using the LINX Card must be attending elementary school, secondary school, community college or university and must present valid ID when boarding the bus.
- Seniors using the LINX card are individuals 65 years of age or older.
- Children can ride for free and must be 5 years of age and younger.
Reload my card
The maximum time you may have to wait until your transaction is processed to all PRESTO devices is 24 hours, but it could be quicker depending on when the device you tap was last connected to the system. For example, if you load funds online at 6:00 p.m. and a bus ends its service day and returns to its vehicle depot later that night, your funds will be available for pick up on that bus' devices when it begins service the following morning.
For information on the LINX card click