What is a Transportation Master Plan?
A Transportation Master Plan (TMP) is a long-term strategy to guide the planning, expansion and management of a multi-modal transportation system. A TMP provides strategies and policies that align with the County of Simcoe’s growth and support its vision for the future transportation system.
The TMP Update will:
- Develop a forward-looking transportation plan for the County of Simcoe and expand the multi-modality of the transportation system including driving, transit, cycling, walking, and movement of commercial vehicles
- Identify appropriate infrastructure to support and manage growth and address the needs and priorities for both rural and urban communities
- Develop complementary transportation solutions informed by supporting provincial and local policies including the Official Plan update
- Provide recommendations on managing a multi-municipal transportation system, improving safety, and supporting the development of healthy communities
Phase 1 Identify Multi-Modal Needs and Opportunities * WE ARE HERE *
• Review planning context
• Develop vision and goals
• Develop travel demand model
• Review existing transportation network
• Identify preliminary projects and strategies
Phase 2 Assess Alternative Solutions
Phase 3 Develop TMP Strategies and Recommendations
Phase 4 Prepare Transportation Master Plan
As part of Phase 1, Notice of the first Public Information Centre was first published on on March 25, 2021. This session included a virtual open house to view project display boards and to participate in a public opinion survey and interactive map to submit feedback and comments.
The information presented at the virtual open house is available for public viewing through the following links:
Click here for PDF versions of the consultation display boards.
Click here for an audio/video presentation of the materials.
Register for Project Updates
If you would like to be kept informed of projects updates, please click the button below to enter your contact information. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice of Collection/Use/Disclosure
All information is collected in accordance with the
Environmental Assessment Act, RSO 1990 Chapter E.18 Part II Section 5.1.Information will be used to inform the project team in the development of recommendations to support the study vision and objectives. All submissions become part of the public record, and disclosed in full in accordance with the
Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA). Questions about this notice of collection should be directed to the Project Manager at
email@example.com, or (705) 726-9300 ext. 1912.