|Update July 27, 2020 - The Matchedash Waste Facility has been re-opened. Effective, Monday, July 27 the facility will operate Sundays & Mondays 8:30 am - 3:30 pm. Due to servicing limitations, Matchedash will be operating on cash only, rounded to the nearest $5, until a cashless system can be installed. See below for more information.|
When using any County Waste Facility, we strongly encourage residents to apply the same public health precautions/measures they would when using other open and available services during the pandemic.
We further recommend that customers practice the following precautions upon entering the Waste Facility:
- Limit the number of trips to the sites (just like the grocery store).
- Wearing non-medical masks or face coverings may be an added way to protect others around you, particularly where physical distancing may be challenging.
- When at a waste site, stay at least 2 metres (or 6 feet) away from other people whenever possible.
- Avoid using the site during peak times (first opening day of the week) to avoid large line-ups. Typically, wait times are shorter mid-week and during unfavorable weather conditions.
Take Upper Big Chute Road approximately 16 km north of Coldwater. The site is located north of Concession Road 13 on the left (west) side of the road. Click for interactive map.
Accepted Divertible Materials at Facility:
- Textiles - FREE
- Leaf and yard waste - FREE
- Waste electronics - FREE
- Concrete rubble - FREE (1Ft. x 1 Ft. Max. Size)
- Blue box recyclables - FREE
- Residential organics - FREE
- Scrap metal - FREE
- Tires - FREE
- Asphalt shingles
- Wood waste
- Mattresses and box springs
Method of Payment:
Cash only. Rounded to the nearest $5 until a cashless system can be installed.