The County of Simcoe has a 2-stream recycling program, (containers & paper fibres) which must be separated with 2 recycling bins. Residents are asked to only use the larger blue box for containers, not for paper, due to weight restrictions.
To determine acceptable and unacceptable recycling materials, please check:
Don't know where things go?
Paper Fibres Recycling (Grey or Blue Box) Guide
- Material must be placed out to the curb on your regular collection day by 7:00 am.
- Do not overload recycling boxes
- No soiled paper
- Cardboard should be flattened and bundled (max. 75 cm x 75 cm x 20 cm)
- To reduce blowing litter, stack recycling bins.
To view a sorting guide please click here
- Corrugated cardboard boxes (flatten and tie in bundles)
- Shredded paper (place in plastic bag)
- Boxboard (cereal boxes, cracker boxes, shoe boxes, paper egg cartons, tissue boxes, toilet paper tubes and paper towel tubes)
- Paper (catalogues, mail and envelopes, newspaper and inserts, magazines, and paper Christmas wrap)
- Paper towel
- Soiled paper
- Waxed cardboard
- Waxed or foil-coated paper
- Paper cups
- Foil wrapping paper