Learn more about our proposed Organics Processing Facility
Keep organics out of the garbage
- Put your mini bin on the counter or under the sink to keep it handy.
- Remove unacceptable plastic packaging from food and place food scraps in the mini bin.
- Empty the contents every other day
- Place your securely latched large green bin beside your garbage at the curb by 7 a.m. on your collection day.
To determine acceptable and unacceptable organic materials, please check:
Don't know where things go?
Green Bin Guide
- Remove plastic packaging from food and place food scraps in the mini bin.
- Empty mini bin frequently and rinse to prevent insects and odours, use certified compostable liners or freeze material between pickups.
- Place securely-latched green bin at the curb by 7 a.m. on your collection day. Maximum limit per container is 20 kg (44 lbs).
Plastic bags are not permitted in the green bin. Instead use paper or certified compostable bags, when buying the bags, look for