Place your GARBAGE CART OUT BI-WEEKLY your regular collection day by 7 am!
Proper set out is important to ensure the mechanical arm can grab your cart efficiently. To ensure collection, place your cart:
- with arrows facing the street (handles towards your house)
- 2 feet apart from other cart or any other object
- within 8 feet from the travelled portion of the road
- with lids closed (do not overstuff - see below under overflow instructions)
See below for more important cart information:
- To see a full list of garbage items click here
- For occasional overflow garbage that does not fit in your cart, place material garbage bags with garbage tags affixed max of 5 (2 feet apart from cart or any other object)
- Old garbage cans can be repurposed for occasional overflow or used to contain yard waste, store shovels etc
for more info on carts (including storage & maintenance tips) what to do if your cart is damaged and information about cart exchanges.
Can't find an item? Search our Waste Wizard
To see your customized collection schedule and receive notifications directly download the free Simcoe County Collects app: