Safety measures for curbside collection have been put into effect to ensure the wellbeing of our waste collection operators and limit the spread of COVID-19:
- All garbage must be bagged and sealed properly
- Residential units may place out diapers in a clear, sealed bag on their garbage day (limit of one clear bag of diapers biweekly, without a bag tag)
- Exercise physical distancing with collection operators (click here for more info)
GARBAGE AND RECYCLING ARE COLLECTED BI-WEEKLY ON ALTERNATING WEEKS, while green bins are collected weekly.
- Place up to two untagged bags/containers of garbage to the curb by 7 a.m. on your bi-weekly collection day (see or print off your collection schedule).
- See a full list what what can and cannot go in the garbage.
Volume and weight restrictions apply.
Garbage tags must be affixed to additional garbage:
- Up to 6 tagged bags of garbage collected bi-weekly per property (for a total of 8 bags weekly per property). Find a garbage tag outlet
- Price (per container or bag of additional garbage): $3 per tag sold in sheets of 5
Extra Bag Day:
- 1 extra bag/container of garbage is permitted on your first collection following Christmas
Can't find an item? Search our Waste Wizard
To see your customized collection schedule and receive notifications directly download the free Simcoe County Collects app: