Waste Facility Trip Tips
- County waste management facilities are generally busiest on Monday and Saturday mornings. To save time, schedule your visit on another day of the week or in the afternoon. You can help shorten the line-ups. Make sure you have a full load of waste materials before visiting a site; full loads mean fewer trips for you and shorter line-ups for everyone
- Check what diversion programs the waste management facility has prior to visiting. Separate materials in your load or, if quantities permit, do separate loads for divertible materials. Divertible materials may qualify for a reduced tipping fee.
- There is a minimum fee for disposal - avoid coming to the waste management facility with only small amounts.
- Enter the scale on a green light, stop at the operator's window and roll down your window to talk to the operator. Declare the type of waste materials are being delivered and the source of the materials. Listen to instructions, if you are not clear on where materials go, ask for clarification. Drive to the designated unloading area(s) for your material type(s), different material types may require re-weighing.
- Material not sorted properly into the designated diversion areas cause your entire load to be charged at the mixed waste rate.
- Prior to leaving the site, vehicles must drive over the scale. The computerized weigh scale system calculates waste disposal charges. Payment is due prior to leaving the site. Failure to pay may result in landfill ban.
or download the Simcoe County Collects app for more information about waste facilities including locations, hours of operation, acceptable materials and rate schedule.