To serve you better, we have implemented automated cart collection and new collection days in the County of Simcoe. Your waste program at home may be different than at your cottage. Click on the image to see the waste guidelines for your seasonal property.
For residents living in areas with active bears, please take these extra steps to secure your waste:
- Do not place carts out until the morning of collection (by 7am)
- Promptly remove carts once collected (if possible)
- Put all food waste in the organics cart and leave in the locked position
- Rinse food containers and meat trays before placing in your carts
- Rinse carts out regularly and use newspaper or certified compostable bags to contain organics
For more information on being Bear Wise, click here
Each eligible household should have received a trio of waste carts. If you did not, please contact Service Simcoe at 1-800-263-3199.
|Garbage Boxes: Waste will no longer be collected from garbage boxes. Residents who previously utilized a garbage box at their cottage or seasonal residence will no longer require one to contain their waste until collection day as the carts will now do this job for you. Simply leave the carts at the end of your driveway, only removing the carts for storage at the end of cottage season.|
*The County of Simcoe is responsible for residential waste collection services, but not required to provide collection services to dwellings located on private (not municipally serviced) roads. However, many private (cottage) roads can receive access to curbside collection services provided access is safe for single-operator waste collection vehicles. To determine eligibility, contact Service Simcoe at 1-800-263-3199 or firstname.lastname@example.org