The County of Simcoe has a 2-stream recycling program, (containers and paper fibres) which must be separated with 2 recycling bins. Your containers go in the blue box.
To determine acceptable and unacceptable recycling materials, please check:
Don't know where things go?
Containers Recycling (Blue Box) Guide
- Rinse food residue from containers
- Remove and include lids
- Place containers loose in the blue box
- Material must be placed out to the curb on your regular collection day by 7:00 am.
- To reduce blowing litter, stack recycling bins.
To view a sorting guide please click here
- Plastic clamshell containers
- Small yogurt, fruit, and pudding containers
- Plant pots and trays (no cell packs)
- Coffee and tea plastic lids
- Gable top containers (milk and juice)
- Spiral-wound containers (frozen juice, hot chocolate, chips, nuts, dough, and iced tea)
- Plastic bottles, jugs, tubs and lids marked 1 through 7 (no Styrofoam)
- Empty aerosol cans
- Empty food and beverage cans
- Tetra Pack containers (drink boxes, broth, and wine boxes)
- Glass bottles and jars
- Empty paint cans (lids removed)
- Black plastic
- Light bulbs
- Drinking glasses and window glass
- Plastic toys
- Plastic bags and film
- Wrappers (candy and chips)
- Unmarked bottles
- Motor oil bottles