RECYCLING AND GARBAGE ARE COLLECTED BI-WEEKLY ON ALTERNATING WEEKS, while green bin collection will continue weekly.
Safety measures for curbside collection have been put into effect to ensure the wellbeing of our waste collection operators and limit the spread of COVID-19. Click here for more information.
Place recycling to the curb by 7 a.m. on your bi-weekly collection day (see or print off your collection schedule).
- See a full list of what can and cannot be recycled.
- Paper and containers are no longer required need to be separated.
- Extra/overflow recycling may be put into a cardboard box or clear bag. Do not overload recycling boxes. If using cardboard boxes or other containers for your extra recycling, dimensions must not exceed 55cm x 45 cm x 40 cm (the size of a large blue box).
- To reduce wind-blown litter, boxes may be stacked.
- Rinse food residue from containers and remove and include lids. Containers should be placed loose in the recycling box. Cardboard should be flattened and tied into bundles (max. 75 cm x 75 cm x 20 cm) - max 3 bundles.
Can't find an item? Search our Waste Wizard
To see your customized collection schedule and receive notifications directly download the free Simcoe County Collects app: