Place your RECYCLING CART OUT BI-WEEKLY your regular collection day by 7 am!
Proper set out is important to ensure the mechanical arm can grab your cart efficiently. To ensure collection, place your cart:
- with arrows facing the street (handles towards your house)
- 2 feet apart from other cart or any other object
- within 8 feet from the travelled portion of the road
- with lids closed (do not overstuff - see below under overflow instructions)
See below for more important cart information:
- To see a full list of recyclable materials click here
- For occasional overflow recycling that does not fit in your cart, place material in blue boxes or clear bags (2 feet apart from cart or any other object)
- Old recycling bins can be repurposed for occasional overflow, to consolidate material before placing in your cart or used to contain yard waste, firewood, etc
for more info on carts (including storage & maintenance tips) what to do if your cart is damaged and information about cart exchanges.
More info about recycling:
New Automated Cart Collection Starts November 1 - click here for more info!
Can't find an item? Search our Waste Wizard
To see your customized collection schedule and receive notifications directly download the free Simcoe County Collects app: