Weather... it happens.
Keeping your street free of recycling litter on windy days by following these tips:
- On windy days please put your recycling bins out for collection on the morning of your collection day rather than the night before
- Place heavier items on top of lighter items
- Stack your recycling boxes to prevent papers from blowing away
- Don't overload your recycling bins
- Crush large plastic bottles and beverage cartons to save space
- Flatten small cardboxes (e.g. cereal or tissue boxes), and place securely in the appropriate bin)
- Fold all aluminum trays
- Place shredder paper only in clear plastic bags and put in the bin
- Or put a lid on your recycling bin, lids can be purchased only at Simcoe County Administration Centre for $5.00 or at your nearest store.