The green team should consist of at least one teacher, principal/vice-principal, and a number of students with custodians acting as advisors. The green teams are vital for the success of the Learning & Living Green Program by acting as waste ambassadors. Roles are defined below:
1. Promote program participation through:
- school website and social media
- parent-teacher communications/newsletters
- classroom presentations/assemblies
We can help with this! Contact email@example.com
2. The green team should oversee the implementation and maintenance of the school recycling and organics programs.
3. Monitor contamination and encourage proper sorting through manning of depots:
- provide incentives for high-performing classrooms
- classrooms with low contamination could be granted an extra recess
4. Ensure that classroom receptacles and depots are arranged properly with correct signageNote:
Source separation of waste (depositing waste into the correct bins) should be a shared responsibility for the entire school including students and faculty alike. Additionally, students can take turns transferring the waste to the depots which gives everyone the opportunity to learn more about the program.