Commercial Businesses that produce small quantities of hazardous waste are classified as “Small Quantity Generators" (SQG). These SQG's must meet specific criteria outlined by the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks (MECP).
Appointments to drop off hazardous waste must be pre-arranged with the Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Lead Hand. No walk-ins will be accepted.
To ensure your hazardous waste will be accepted, the following will apply:
- Maximum of 100 kg of hazardous waste per month.
- Individual containers cannot exceed 25 kg.
- Do not combine the contents of separate containers .
- Containers must be sealed with no leaks.
- All containers must be labelled with the type of hazardous waste.
- A certificate label must be affixed to the containers Sample Label
Once all of the above conditions are met and you wish to set up an appointment, please contact Service Simcoe at 1-800-263-3199 or email@example.com