Sign In
Skip Navigation LinksSimcoe County > Social Housing > Special Needs Housing

Special Needs Housing

Living space made for people who have to use a wheelchair, a cane, or a piece of equipment to help them walk. These living spaces allow for people to be able to live safely on their own. All persons requesting one of these living spaces have to complete an Application for Subsidized Housing and give a doctor's letter to prove their need. They also have to complete a form called a Housing Preference Availability Form which they can do in person at the County of Simcoe Administration building, Social and Community Services Division office at 1110 Hwy. 26, Midhurst, Ontario.  (Please ask for the 'Special Needs' binder.)

Persons applying for these spaces will only be placed on the waiting list for the units at the buildings they choose on the Housing Preference Availability Form. If a person no longer needs one of these living spaces, they must give new information to the Simcoe County Housing Corporation office by calling 705 725-7215.