Corporate Green Teams
The County of Simcoe is proud to have over 100 staff and partners as active members on Green Teams. Green Team meetings are held quarterly to allow staff to share and learn best practices, and to celebrate their environmental accomplishments. The teams present annually to the County's Executive Management to highlight their many projects pursued throughout the year, examples of which include paper reduction and elimination campaigns, waste diversion, energy savings, and water conservation efforts.
Over 60 staff are on central Green Teams and an additional 40 staff are on sub-teams, representing the following divisions and departments:
- Lightning Bugs – Cross-corporate team – Finance, Procurement, Fleet, Facilities, Sustainable Operations, IT
- Green Lanterns – Ontario Works, Administration Centre, Paramedics, Museum & Archives
- Half Lit – Solid Waste Management and Roads Engineering
- Energy Stars – Social Housing
- Energy Innovators – Long Term Care
Sustainable Operations Awards
Every year, three awards are presented by the County of Simcoe's CAO to recognize the achievements of Green Team members, foster a culture of sustainability, and lesson our environmental impact:
- Stewardship Award – recognizes teams who act as responsible guardians for a sustainable future by making short- and long-term decisions to improve the efficiency and comfort of the facilities they work in.
- Leadership Award – recognizes teams who inspire and empower their colleagues, and lead by example when initiating and contributing to sustainable actions.
- Innovation Award – recognizes teams who implement creative, progressive and leading edge ideas in their work environments.