Status and history of events/decisions of the County of Simcoe Official Plan
Proposed Modified County of Simcoe Official Plan
The Official Plan was adopted by the County of Simcoe Council on November 25, 2008, and is under appeal to the Ontario Municipal Board (OMB); OMB File No. PL091167. County Council endorsed this updated version on January 22, 2013 (see the Certified County Council Resolution January 22, 2013 and the associated Report to County Council). This version is currently before the OMB for approval.
On April 19, 2013 the OMB granted partial approval of the County of Simcoe Official Plan including text and schedules. Since then further approvals have been granted by the OMB and all Orders/Decisions are posted below.
The County of Simcoe hosted two Public Information Sessions on the status and approval process of its Official Plan on Monday, April 20, 2015 at the Simcoe County Museum.
The Public Information Sessions outlined the history of the development of the Official Plan, including key milestones and the role that the public, agencies, and province have with the development of the Official Plan. The sessions also outlined what sections of the Official Plan have been approved by the Ontario Municipal Board and what the timelines are for the consideration of the remaining sections. Finally, the roles and responsibilities of the County, the Province, and public at the Ontario Municipal Board when an Official Plan is appealed, were also discussed. Materials presented at the Public Information Sessions are included below:
Understanding the County of Simcoe Official Plan Pamphlet
County of Simcoe Official Plan History
County of Simcoe Official Plan Timeline (Key Milestones 2004-Present)
Public Information Session (April 20, 2015) Presentation Slides
Public Information Session (April 20, 2015) Q&A Handout
Staff Report CCW 15-092 - Update on County Official Plan Ontario Municipal Board Process (February 26, 2015)
Staff Report CCW 15-324 - Update on County Official Plan Ontario Municipal Board Process (September 22, 2015)
Staff Report CCW 16-100 - Update on County Official Plan Ontario Municipal Board Process (March 8, 2016)
For a detailed chronological breakdown of the Official Plan process please review the history of the Simcoe County Official Plan. The text and schedules of the Official Plan have been updated to reflect approvals to date.
- Prehearing #1
- Prehearing #2
- Correction to Prehearing #2 Decision
- Prehearing #3
- Midhurst Ratepayers' Association (MRA) Decision
- Prehearing #4
- Prehearing #5: April 15, 2014
- Hearing #1: June 2nd, 2014
- Prehearing #6: June 20, 2014
- Prehearing #7: August 12, 2014
- Prehearings #8, #9, & #10: September 12, 2014; October 24, 2014; and December 8, 2014
- Prehearing #11: January 29, 2015
- Prehearing #12 & #13: May 8, 2015 & July 10, 2015
- Pre-hearing Order #14: December 3, 2015
- Written Motion: December 23, 2015 (Updated February 19, 2016)
- Written Motion: January 20, 2016
- Written Motion: April 7th, 13th, & 20th, 2016
- Decision: Sandy Cove (Innisfil) Settlement Area Boundary
- Decision: December 29, 2016 - Final approval of the consolidated text and schedules (Exhibit 193) of the County of Simcoe Official Plan
County of Simcoe Official Plan (Consolidated 2007)
The County of Simcoe Official Plan (Consolidated 2007) text and schedules are available in PDF format below. A hardcopy version is available for purchase through the County's Customer Service Department.
2007 County of Simcoe Official Plan (including Text Schedules & Appendices)
Official Plan Map Schedules