For official information about Influenza activity in Simcoe County, protocols or resources, visit the Simcoe Muskoka Health Unit website at
County of Simcoe Long Term Care Homes and Seniors Communities Influenza / Respiratory status updates are listed below.
Current Status: As of April 16th, Public Health has declared a facility-wide respiratory outbreak. Please see below for our heightened precautions.
No surrent outbreaks.
- Doors to the unit are closed with signage posted indicating Outbreak status
- PPE (surgical masks with shields) have been placed outside of the doors of the unit with signage to ensure all staff who are working on the unit wear upon entry to unit
- No agency staff are scheduled to work on unit
- Signing has been placed on symptomatic resident doors to indicate droplet precautions
- All staff on unit who are providing care for symptomatic residents must wear full PPE (gloves, gowns, surgical mask with face shield)
- All staff including nursing (RPN, PSW), Dietary, PSS, on the unit will remain on the unit for their breaks ensuring social distancing
- Staff have been directed to bring a change of clothes in a separate bag when coming into work and ask that they change into street clothes before leaving
- Dietary staff to wear surgical mask with shield when serving and to wear full PPE (gloves, gowns, surgical mask with face shield) when clearing plates and doing dishes
- RN will not enter unit for non-acute situations and must wear full PPE if needing to enter the unit for acute situations and when required
- Residents who smoke will be permitted to smoke on the balcony off the dining room - smokers will be monitored by staff
- All maintenance staff will prioritize work on this unit and defer any not essential work and wear appropriate PPE
- All residents at the Home are restricted from leaving the building for non-essential reasons (i.e. essential medical appointments are allowed pending consultation with Physician and Nursing management)
- Volunteers are restricted from unit
- Enhanced cleaning procedures have been initiated
- Group programming will be cancelled. Only one to one programming to well residents
- Notify all residents on unit
- Notify all POA's / Substitute Decision Makers