"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." ~ Winston Churchill
Volunteers are important contributors to the care and socialization of the residents and play an intricate role in maintaining a comfortable environment. Volunteers should be caring individuals with an interest in making a difference in someone's life.
The many benefits of volunteering include:
- meet new people and make new friends
- create a meaningful opportunity
- to enrich another’s life
- enjoy new challenges and gain new skills
- experience a strong sense of joy and fulfillment
This is how to join our team
Application Form - click on a link below to open either the Online Application Form and click on Submit, or the Application Form in Word and forward your printed form to the corresponding address.
Volunteers are asked to wear the Simcoe Strong Buttons while volunteering at our Homes to distinguish themselves as Simcoe Strong Volunteers.
VicNet Online Volunteer Portal
Volunteers may sign in to the online Volunteer Portal by clicking on the link below. You will be asked for your email address and your password.
Are you a new Volunteer? Please use the personal email you provided during the application process, and use the temporary password that was given to you. You will be prompted to make a new password. Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator if you require us to reset your link through email.
‘‘The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.”
~ Oscar Wilde
Morning, Afternoon, Evening and Weekend Programs, Summer Programs and Special Holidays. Our Home hours of operation are
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. 7 days per week.
Dress Code for Volunteers - pants, golf shirts, running shoes, with ankle socks, closed shoes
What can I do as a volunteer or student volunteer?
this link for your Opportunity Directory. Scroll down on the left of the directory page for your desired Home/area.
- Explore career options by working in a different setting, with various professionals
- Strengthen your resume, by adding new skills and experiences
- Develop leadership skills by working on special projects
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Enjoy new challenges, and have fun!
Volunteers help in so many ways
- 1:1 Assistance during programs
- assisting at meal times
- bringing generations together
- friendly visiting
- developing presentations
- escorting residents to programs
- running the computer lab
- administrative duties: filing, organizing, decorating, mail delivery
- sharing knowledge about interests and current events
- pet care
- Simcoe Cycling without Age
- manicure and spa treatments
- library services
- special events
We accept and encourage all students to join us for their community or placement hours.
Simcoe Strong - all sites, Rachel Jennings, Volunteer Coordinator
Georgian Manor, Penetanguishene - Christina Thorpe, Program and Support Services Supervisor,
Christina.Thorpe@simcoe.ca 705-549-3166 ext. 3080
- Simcoe Manor, Beeton - Rosa Athanassoulis, Program and Support Services Supervisor, Rosa.Athanassoulis@simcoe.ca 905-729-2267 ext. 5080
- Sunset Manor, Collingwood - Kaitlyn Donaldson, Program and Support Services Supervisor,
Kaitlyn.Donaldson@simcoe.ca 705-445-4499 ext. 6080
- Trillium Manor, Orillia - Crystal Rosewell, Program and Support Services Supervisor, Crystal.Rosewell@simcoe.ca 705-325-1504 ext. 4080
Adult Day Programs:
Simcoe Village, Sunset Suites and Adult Day Programs
- Tracy Hill, Program and Support Services, Seniors Services Supervisor, Tracy.Hill@simcoe.ca
705-549-3166 ext. 3127
Georgian Village and Sunset Suites - Senior Services - Peter Verduin, Seniors Services Supervisor,
Peter.Verdiun@simcoe.ca 905-729-2267 ext. 5131