Other things may change, but we start and end with family
Trillium Manor Family Council Welcome Letter
(Click on the link above to view or print)
Trillium Manor Family Council is always welcoming new members
Meetings are currently postponed.
Please join the virtual
Family Town Hall meetings to receive updates on current events at Trillium Manor.
We are an organized, self-led, self-determining, democratic group composed of family and friends of the Residents of Trillium Manor with the intent to give families and friends a forum for sharing their experiences, learning and exchanging information.
- To improve the quality of life, care, and independence for all Residents. This is achieved by promoting an atmosphere of sensitive caring and support among staff, friends, and family members.
- Facilitates communication and promotes partnerships with the Home, staff and residents
- Information and education (including guest speakers).
- Networking and social opportunities.
Family Council Participants and Participation of others
- Family Council Participants consist of the Chairperson (Chair), Secretary, Treasurer and Participants.
- The Chair shall preside over all meetings. In the event of his/her absence, the Secretary shall preside.
- The Secretary shall record and distribute the minutes of each meeting and maintain the minutes as a permanent record. Prior to circulation of the minutes, the Secretary shall review the minutes with the Participants for accuracy. Draft minutes are reviewed and approved at the following meeting. Draft minutes are posted at the Family Council Board.
- The Chair shall act as a liaison as needed between the Family Council and the facility staff to request information and/or action. In the event of his/her absence, the Secretary shall preside.
- If Chair, Secretary or Treasurer can no longer perform his/her duties, the other participants of Family Council shall vote and approve another participant in that role to serve out the remainder of the term.
- A quorum shall be made up of 3 members. Decisions made by majority vote.
- All family and friends of residents are welcome to attend any meeting of Council at any time. Everyone who participates regularly is considered a member.
- Also, encouragement is extended to the continued participation of friends and relatives of residents who have passed away who can also share their knowledge and experience.
- Administrative support is provided to the Family Council by a staff member designated by Simcoe Manor. He/she is a non-voting participant of Family Council.
Participation at Council Meetings
Use of available technology is set up at regular Council meetings to allow individuals to participate. Council Conference information is posted on the bulletin board and Family Council County Website.
Selection of Chair, Secretary or Treasurer
Selection of Chair, Secretary or Treasurer will be filled on an as needed basis.
Meetings are currently postponed. Please join the virtual Family town hall meetings to receive updates on current events at Trillium.
Amendments may be made to these Terms of Reference at any regular meeting of the Family Council, by a two-thirds vote, providing the suggested changes have been identified and discussed at the previous meeting.
Family Council supports raising funds for the home to specifically support the Gift-A-Life Bus Fundraiser and the Music Therapy program. Music Therapy provides small group music sessions to residents which support creativity, expression, language and skills. Over $7,000 has been donated towards Music Therapy as a result of advocacy from this group. (A receipt will be issued for donations to these programs).
For more information, please contact:
Crystal Rosewell, Program & Support Services Supervisor - Crystal.email@example.com or extension 4080