Sign In
Skip Navigation LinksSimcoe County > Long Term Care > Simcoe Manor

Simcoe Manor

​​​​5988 Main Street East, Beeton, Ontario, L0G 1A0   (905) 729-2267
Simcoe Manor Resident and Family Handbook      Accredited with exemplary standing
How to Apply to Long Term Care in the County of Simcoe  

Would you like to change font size on your desktop?  Hold down the Control or Apple Key and press + or -

Click on the following links to open a page:

Virtual Tour of Simcoe Manor   (ensure your sound is turned on)

Information on Accreditation 2016

Events at Simcoe Village and Manor

Volunteer

How to Volunteer

Simcoe Manor Volunteer Page

Home Outbreak Notifications

*View Current Outbreak Notifications at our Homes by clicking here

Activity Calendars

Click on links below to view each Activity Calendar by Unit for September 2019:

Simcoe Village and Manor Newsletter

Click here to view Issue 1 of the 2019 Simcoe Village and Manor Resident and Family Newsletter

 

Mind & Melody 

 

Donate any Apple product to the Mind & Melody program and transform a life! 

Music can calm a person, help them engage, focus, and regain a connection.   The goal is to be able to provide residents with an iPod loaded with their personal choice of music.  Charitable receipt provided for monetary donations.  Contact Rosa Athanassoulis  (905) 729-2267 or Rosa.Athanassoulis@simcoe.ca.

Spiritual Programs and Services

Residents at Simcoe Manor are offered the opportunity to participate in a variety of spiritual programs.  Click here to view our spiritual programs and services​.

About Simcoe Manor

Simcoe Manor, home for the aged, is located on the site of the original House of RefugeSimcoe Manor officially opened by the County of Simcoe in 1898 to provide accommodation, support and supervision for citizens of any age whose social or medical problems made it difficult for them to reside in their respective communities. In 1899, 42 males and 6 females resided at the Home, the oldest being 100 years old and the youngest 7 years old. A 47 bed care wing and staff accommodations were added to the original building in 1952 and the name was changed to Simcoe Manor Home for the Aged.

For many years the home operated a 250 acre farm. The farm was sold in 1965 leaving the home on 8 acres of land.

In 1973, the original House of Refuge was demolished. The new three level addition which replaced it provided expanded public areas, a swimming pool and semi-private rooms with adjoining washrooms. Accommodation was provided for 158 residents.

In April 1992, a major redevelopment of Simcoe Manor was initiated. The project involved a total renovation of the Home to provide primarily private rooms with ensuite washrooms, a special care unit for the cognitively impaired and a 100 percent barrier free environment. The renovated Home accommodates 126 residents and the new "Simcoe Village" consists of 32 self contained supportive living apartment units. Official Opening Ceremonies were held June 11, 1994.

The programs and services of the Manor are regulated by the Residential Services Branch of the Ontario Ministry of Health. The Manor is "accredited" by Accreditation Canada and is a full member of the Ontario Association of Non-Profit Homes and Services for Seniors.