Accessible, Adaptable and Inclusive Designs for Occupants 60+
The County of Simcoe has established an annual fund in the amount of $500,000
for eligible Seniors Housing Grant Program projects. Grant amounts will be distributed
based on the number of applications received and ability to meet funding criteria.
Are you Eligible to Apply?
If you are interested in applying for an Age-Friendly Seniors Housing Grant, you must meet the following criteria:
- Housing projects must be located within the 16 municipalities of the County of Simcoe;
- excludes cities of Barrie and Orillia
- Applicants can be homeowners of principal residences or developers
- Housing must be dedicated to occupants 60 years and older
- Individual homes or multi-residential development projects
- Applicant has not already received an Age-Friendly Seniors Housing grant in the past three years; or capital funding from the County of Simcoe for the same project.
Application - 2021 Age-Friendly Seniors Housing Grant - Now Closed
Click on the link above to open a PDF of the Age-Friendly Seniors Housing Grant Program Application. Please print and complete the Application Form and forward with appropriate attachments by email by the closing date of June 30, 2021.
County of Simcoe
Health & Emergency Services
Attn: Age-Friendly Seniors Housing Grant
1110 Highway 26
Midhurst, ON L9X 1N6
Or scan in your completed Application and attach in an email to: AgeFriendly@simcoe.ca
85% live in private dwellings while 8% live in collective dwellings. Meeting this demand will require adaptations to existing housing, home maintenance and support services (including personal care), friends and neighbours and increased reliance on both government and private service providers. This also means providing a continuum of housing choices in terms of location, forms of housing, types of tenure, living arrangements and range of support services that would allow older adults to continue to live independently and participate in their community for as long as possible. (CMHC2011)
For more information or if you have any questions, please call us at:
(705) 726-9300 ext. 1405