The Age-Friendly Individual Recognition and Achievement Award recognizes an individual who demonstrates an outstanding commitment to creating age-friendly communities though any of the criteria listed below. Awards will be presented at a special awards event at the end of each program each year.
- Enriches the lives of seniors in their community(s), particularly those who are vulnerable or less able to help themselves.
- Demonstrates leadership in and a commitment to age-friendly development, projects and/or initiatives in their community(s).
- Improves the overall quality of life of vulnerable senior residents and the community as a whole.
- Is an older adult (60+) who devotes their time to selfless voluntary service.
- Serves as a role model and champion for others within their community(s) ad exemplifying the spirit of community service.
How to Nominate Someone
Complete the Age-Friendly Individual Recognition and Achievement Application Form.
Forward your nomination form and any relevant information by mail or email.
- Nominator Form
- Supporting written testimonials who can attest to the value and impact of the individual’s achievements (e.g., 250 words each).
- Additional testimonials (must be dated and signed).
- Additional reference material to support the nomination, as required (such as media clippings, etc.).
- Additional material should not exceed 5 pages.
Mail: Age-Friendly Individual Recognition and Achievement Award