The Town of Midland is working on various initiatives to improve access.
- The Accessibility Advisory Committee has commenced a series of tours of the municipal facilities frequented by the public to identify any barriers to accessibility. They attended the NSSRC in June and will likely be attending the Library in September.
- The Town is in the process of converting all forms/applications on our website to a pdf that can be read by readable software programs and to ensure that forms can be completed electronically to assist those with hand functionality issues.
- Transit service is now available from Midland to Penetanguishene (result of a collaborative effort). The bus is fully accessible.
- Midland has been installing Tactile mats at corner ramps on the Town's sidewalks in accordance with the IASR.
- The Town will be installing automatic doors on two of its change rooms at the NSSRC.
- Automatic doors are also being installed at the NSSRC beside the Askennonia Seniors entrance.