The County of Simcoe and its member municipalities are committed to the pursuit of a higher education. Through the Bursary Program, the County will award up to 21 $3,000 bursaries to County of Simcoe residents attending a post-secondary institution in Ontario (one bursary is guaranteed for a resident of each participating member municipality).
The Bursary Program provides those residents accepted into the program access to post-secondary education and training.
The program is consistent with the County of Simcoe's commitment to education and also encourages community involvement and civic responsibility amongst residents.
Georgian College will match County of Simcoe bursaries
Georgian will automatically offer a matching $3,000 bursary to recipients of a County of Simcoe postsecondary bursary if they register to study at one of Georgian's seven campuses. This matching program is effective as of fall 2022. Georgian offers more than 130 career-focused programs at its seven campuses, is a recognized leader in co-operative education and has one of the highest graduate employment rates among Ontario colleges. Eligible bursary applicants must follow the County of Simcoe's application process. Learn more about Georgian College.
Eligible Applicants must:
- Be a resident of a participating Simcoe County municipality (list of participating municipalities below) and a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Have graduated, or be eligible for graduation in the year of application, from a secondary school in Simcoe County
- In the year of application, be enrolled and commencing studies in the first or second year of an undergraduate program at an Ontario university or college as a full-time student
- Demonstrate interest in, and contribution to, their community through active participation in extracurricular activities at their school and/or in community organizations
Participating Municipalities (as of March 25, 2022)
- Township of Adjala-Tosorontio
- Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury
- Township of Clearview
- Town of Collingwood
- Township of Essa
- Town of Innisfil
- Town of Midland
- Town of New Tecumseth
- Township of Oro-Medonte
- Town of Penetanguishene
- Township of Ramara
- Township of Severn
- Township of Springwater
- Township of Tay
- Township of Tiny
- Town of Wasaga Beach
- Applicants must submit an online application by
July 29, 2022
- As part of the application, the County of Simcoe requires the applicant to submit a 500-word essay on a pre-determined topic, as well as an explanation as to why they should be awarded a bursary
- Applicants must also provide a copy of their Grade 12 or first year post-secondary transcript and proof of enrollment at an Ontario University or College in an undergraduate program as a full-time student (tuition receipt, proof of enrollment letter etc.)
*This award is open to all residents of participating municipalities in the County of Simcoe, as well as children/dependents of Simcoe County employees who are residents of non-participating municipalities within Simcoe County. The bursaries are non-renewable and non-transferrable.
As part of your application, you will be required to submit supporting documents to
email@example.com no later than
July 29, 2022.
Answers to the following Essay Questions must be submitted as part of your application:
- In 500 words or less, explain who has had the greatest impact on your life and why. How has this influenced your choice of post-secondary studies/career?
- In 250 words or less, explain why you think you should be awarded a Simcoe County Bursary.
Required Supporting Documents:
- Grade 12 Simcoe County High School Transcript
- Proof of enrollment at an Ontario University or College in an undergraduate program as a full-time student (tuition receipt, proof of enrollment letter etc.)*Note: A letter of acceptance is not considered proof of enrollment.
- Essay Question Responses
Optional Supporting Documents:
How to Apply
- Complete an online application here.
- Email your Supporting Documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 29, 2022.
For questions and information, or if you require the application in an accessible format, please contact
Notice of Collection/Use/Disclosure: Personal information is collected in this application pursuant to Section 8 and 11 of the Municipal Act and will be used for the purpose of the Bursary Program. Questions about the collection of personal information should be directed to the County Clerk's Office, County of Simcoe Administration Centre, 1110 Highway 26, Midhurst, Ontario L9X 1N6, 705-726-9300 ext. 1246.