The Homelessness Prevention Program is a result of the consolidation of funding from three Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing programs; Community Homelessness Prevention Initiative (CHPI), Home for Good (HFG) and the Strong Communities Rent Supplement Program into one new program under a single policy and accountability framework. The objective of the program is to support Service Managers in preventing, addressing and reducing homelessness, including chronic homelessness.
The overall vision of the HPP is to provide Service Managers with the resources needed to establish a coordinated housing and homelessness system in each community so that:
People at risk of or experiencing homelessness have the housing and support services that they need to retain and/or obtain stable housing and achieve better outcomes.
The three key program outcomes of HPP are:
- People at risk of homelessness remain housed and have connections to support services.
- People who are homeless and chronically homeless obtain and retain housing and support services.
- Reduction in chronic homelessness.
More information about addressing homelessness can be found on the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing website:
Serious incidents that occur at or during a County of Simcoe funded program must be reported to the County of Simcoe within 24 hours of the incident.
An serious incident should be reported when one of the following incidents occurs at a County of Simcoe funded program:
- Death of a participant
- A serious injury to a participant
- Alleged abuse or mistreatment of a participant
- Missing participant (police report filed)
- Disaster on premises
- Complaint about services/safety standard
- Disease outbreak
- Other (complaint made by or about a client)
Serious incident information regarding the date, the type and location of the incident is emailed to email@example.com
Community Services Serious Incident Report Form - June 2022