Hunting is regulated by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forests. For more information see the Hunting Regulations Summary.
Within the Simcoe County Forest, hunting is permitted except on the following tracts:
- Dyer Tract, City of Barrie
- Blauxham Tract, City of Barrie
- Hickling Tract, Township of Springwater
- Midhurst Tract, Township of Springwater
- Museum Tract, Township of Springwater
- Tottenham Tract, Township of New Tecumseth
- Rippon Tract, Township of Essa
- Thompson Tract, Town of Penetanguishene
- Thompson Tract, Township of Tiny
- Charlebois Tract, Township of Tiny
- Martin's Valley Tract, Town of Midland
- Webb Tract, Township of Innisfil
Hunters are only permitted to use portable and temporary tree stands and ladders between September 15th and January 15th.
Hunters are permitted to utilize ATV's on existing trails ONLY as follows:
- To allow disabled or infirm hunters access during all hunting seasons
- To facilitate large game retrieval (deer and bear)
- To facilitate complete access during the Controlled Deer Hunt only
The above applies to ATV use only. Prior written permission is required for accessing the County Forest using any other type of vehicle.
Hunters must be members in good standing with the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (OFAH). This provides liability insurance for hunters on County lands and provides for improved communications with hunters through OFAH. Additionally, OFAH members receive current information and appropriate messaging with regard to hunting etiquette and safety.
Fishing is permitted within the Simcoe County Forest providing the angler adheres to provincial licensing and regulations.