Power Advisory: Issued when electricity is in tight supply and all consumers are asked to voluntarily reduce their electrical consumption.
Power Warning: Issued when levels of electrical supplies become concerning and all consumers are asked to immediately reduce their consumption. A further increase in electrical demand may result in the need to implement load shedding.
Power Emergency: Issued when load shedding must be implemented.
Preparing in advance of a power outage
- Be sure to include a flashlight, batteries and a portable radio in your emergency preparedness kit.
- Back-up critical electronic files.
- Ensure there is at least one analog telephone in your home. Analog phones do not require an electrical outlet and you will be able to make calls to emergency services, if necessary, during a power outage.
- Keep the fuel tank in your car at least half full since gas stations rely on electricity to power their pumps.
Hydro One Power Outages
Hydro One and Electricity Providers
PowerStream / Barrie Hydro:
- Barrie and Thornton ... (705) 722-7222
- Bradford-West Gwillimbury ... (705) 775-2201
- New Tecumseth ... (905) 729-4521
- Penetanguishene ... (705) 549-8081
Orillia Power Corporation ... (705) 326-7315
Wasaga Beach Hydro Electric Commission ... (705) 429-2517
Hydro One customers call:
- Power Outages and Emergencies (24 Hours) ... 1 (800) 434-1235