Minesing/June 15, 2017 – Spend your summer stay-cation at the Simcoe County Museum every Sunday afternoon in July and August. Your family will love this one of a kind experience, as you explore our history and take in food-inspired activities.
Summer Sundays run from 1 to 4:30 p.m. Themes include:
- July 2 - Happy Birthday Canada: Celebrate Canada's 150 Birthday with cake, games and more
- July 9 and 30 – Time for Tea: Make your own tea, and pair it with homemade scones fresh from the bread oven
- July 16 and August 6, 2017 – Jam Session: We will use berries of the season to make the sweetest homemade jam
- July 23 – Trades Day: Learn about some of those forgotten trades from the early 19th century
- August 13 – All About the Grains: What's better than homemade bread baked in the bread oven? How about homemade butter made with your own two hands
- August 20 – HCEA Building Simcoe County: The Museum grounds come alive with dozers, land movers, crushers and more
- August 27 – Butterfly Paradise: Help these threatened species by learning how to create a paradise of your own
Regular Museum rates apply: Museum Members and Preschoolers are free; Adults $6; Student and Seniors $5; and Children $4. Pre-registration is not required.
For more information on this event contact the Simcoe County Museum at (705) 728-3721 or visit museum.simcoe.ca.
Simcoe County Museum
1151 Highway 26
Minesing, Ontario L9X 0Z7
Sunday afternoons from July 2 to August 27
1 to 4:30 p.m.
Take the Infinite Journey with the Simcoe County Museum, a cultural exploration of our historical past and exciting future. The Simcoe County Museum is owned and operated by the County of Simcoe and offers year round exhibits, events and educational programs for visitors of every age. Visit our website at museum.simcoe.ca for further details.
Events, Programmer, Simcoe County Museum
Acting Education Director, Simcoe County Museum
705-728-3721 ext. 1320