Community Safety and Well-Being is the ideal state of a sustainable community where everyone is safe, has a sense of belonging, opportunities to participate, and where individuals and families can meet their needs for education, health care, food, housing, income, and social and cultural expression.
CSWB Plans are Provincially mandated under Bill 175, Safer Ontario Act, 2018. Bill 175 required all municipalities to develop a Community Safety and Well-Being Plan for their local municipality.
Go to municipal sites 🡯
CSWB contacts in your municipality
South Simcoe CSWB Local Table
The purpose of the local CSWB Table is to engage the municipalities, local stakeholders, and those with lived and living experience in a collaborative initiative to determine and design the local activities needed to successfully implement the local CSWB Plan for the Geographical Municipal Grouping (GMG). For South Simcoe, the GMG is Bradford, West Gwillimbury and Innisfil
Members of the Local Table include:
- South Simcoe Police (S.Sgt. - Community Support Division)
- Bradford West Gwillimbury Library (Information Services Librarian)
- CONTACT Community Services (Executive Director)
- Simcoe Muskoka Workforce Development Board and Literacy Network (Executive Director)
- Innisfil Community Foundation (Executive Director)
- CMHA York South Simcoe (Mgr. Home First Community Support Team)
- Imani’s Place (Executive Director)
Ways to Participate
It is critical to engage local community residents and supporting organizations in the implementation of these plans. We will continue to consult throughout the life of the plan, and are always looking for participation in our local tables.
Contact for the local Representative: