We will no longer be supporting IE7 and below as a web browser effective June 1st 2020. Click here for more information.

Sign In
Skip Navigation LinksSimcoe County > Archives > Livingstone Collection - Houses

Livingstone Collection - Houses

  • Barrie home of Judge James R GowanBarrie home of Judge James R Gowan
    South veranda of Ardraven, Barrie home of Judge James R Gowan. Built ca. 1845-1846 on Kempenfelt Dr. in the block made by Duckworth, Kempenfelt, Blake Sts and St. Vincent Square.
  • Barrie home of Judge James R Gowan 2Barrie home of Judge James R Gowan 2
    Ardraven, Barrie home of Judge R Gowan. Built ca. 1845-1846 on Kempenfelt Dr. in the block made by Duckworth, Kempenfelt, Blake Sts and St. Vincent Square.
  • Donald Campbells HouseDonald Campbells House
    Donald Campbell's house on the northeast corner of Wellington St. and Maple St.
  • Lounts CastleLounts Castle
    Lount's Castle on Valley Drive, Barrie. The 'castle' was built in 1877 by George Ball to designs by George H. Brown. The house had a ballroom, a billiards room, and a slate roof.
  • Possibly Moberly HousePossibly Moberly House
    Possibly Moberly House on Blake Street, Barrie.
  • Sewrey HouseSewrey House
    Possibly the Sewrey House at the corner of Bayfield Street and Ross Street, Barrie.
  • Residence of Reeve R E Fletcher 1Residence of Reeve R E Fletcher 1
    Residence of Reeve R. E. Fletcher, Barrie. R. E. Fletcher was Warden of Simcoe County in 1894.
  • Residence of Reeve R E Fletcher 2Residence of Reeve R E Fletcher 2
    Detail of the residence of Reeve R. E. Fletcher showing some of his family members. Reeve Fletcher was Warden of Simcoe County in 1894.
  • Rose Cottage 1Rose Cottage 1
    Rose Cottage, 31 Davidson Drive, Barrie. This mud construction Regency-style house was built in the mid 1840s for John Bingham. In 1862 Allan Gunn, one of Canada's richest lumberman bought it. Other owners include Dalton McCarthy and Nathaniel Dyment.
  • Rose Cottage 2Rose Cottage 2
    Rose Cottage, 31 Davidson Drive, Barrie. This mud construction Regency-style house was built in the mid 1840s for John Bingham. In 1862 Allan Gunn, one of Canada's richest lumberman bought it. Other owners include Dalton McCarthy and Nathaniel Dyment.
  • Grammar SchoolGrammar School
    Sometime between 1849-1856, Frederic Gore, headmaster, had this Grammar School boarding house built on the north side of Blake just east of his house on Rodney St. It was later converted into the headmaster’s house.
  • Checkley HouseCheckley House
    Spotton or Checkley House on the south side of Blake St. at Rodney St. It may have been built ca. 1864 and destroyed by fire ca. 1886.
  • SpringbankSpringbank
    Springbank, home of James Burton on Baldwin Lane, Allandale. Burton was a local lumberman and industrialist. In 1912, the house was turned into the Simcoe Hall Sanitarium. In 1940 it became an Oddfellows' retirement home. It was demolished in the 1990s.
  • Burton HouseBurton House
    The Burton House on the east side of Toronto St. below Ross St., Barrie, ca. 1885. It was built in 1872 for Charles W. Robinson and sold in 1887 to Martin Burton.
  • unidentified house 1unidentified house 1
    Unidentified house. Notice the people on the roof. The vehicle in front of the house is a phaeton.
  • unidentified house 2unidentified house 2
    Unidentified house.
  • unidentified house 3unidentified house 3
    Unidentified house with croquet players.
  • unidentified house 4unidentified house 4
    Unidentified house.
  • unidentified house 5unidentified house 5
    Unidentified house.
  • unidentified house 6unidentified house 6
    Unidentified house.
  • unidentified house 7unidentified house 7
    Unidentified house.
  • unidentified house 8unidentified house 8
    Unidentified home with horse and carriage.
  • Woodlands on Shanty Bay Road1Woodlands on Shanty Bay Road1
    Woodlands on Shanty Bay Road, the summer residence of one Mr. Crawford of St. Louis, USA.
  • Woodlands on Shanty Bay Road 2Woodlands on Shanty Bay Road 2
    Woodlands on Shanty Bay Road, the summer residence of one Mr. Crawford of St. Louis, USA.