We will no longer be supporting IE7 and below as a web browser effective June 1st 2020. Click here for more information.

Sign In
Skip Navigation LinksSimcoe County > Archives > Livingstone Collection - General and Street Views

Livingstone Collection - General and Street Views

  • The Barrie stationThe Barrie station
    The Barrie station was built in 1865, 12 years after the Ontario, Simcoe and Huron Railway reached Allandale. It was demolished in 1963. Boat builder J. Carley's boathouses can be seen just above the steamer.
  • West side of Bayfield StWest side of Bayfield St
    West side of Bayfield St. looking north from Five Points. Stores shown include G.G. Buck Stoves, Haymer Thompson Saddle and Harness, grocer T. Lennox, the American Hotel, and N. Hughes flour and feed.
  • View of the Barrie waterfront 1View of the Barrie waterfront 1
    View of the Barrie waterfront from the west end of Kempenfelt Bay, ca. 1875. The steamer Lady of the Lakes is visible at the docks.
  • View of the Barrie waterfront 2View of the Barrie waterfront 2
    View of the Barrie waterfront from the west end of Kempenfelt Bay, ca. 1875. The steamer Lady of the Lakes is visible at the docks.
  • Looking north from Dunlop StLooking north from Dunlop St
    Looking north from Dunlop St. north up Clapperton St. after the Barrie Flood of 1890.
  • Clapperton Street after the Barrie FloodClapperton Street after the Barrie Flood
    Clapperton Street after the Barrie Flood of 1890 looking north from south of Collier Street.
  • General view of BarrieGeneral view of Barrie
    General view of Barrie looking south-west from the top of the Fire Hall tower, ca. 1875. The steamer Lady of the Lakes is visible at the docks.
  • View of BarrieView of Barrie
    View of Barrie looking northwest, ca. 1883.
  • General view of Barrie looking south-westGeneral view of Barrie looking south-west
    General view of Barrie looking south-west from the top of the Fire Hall, ca. 1875. Built in 1861, she was originally named Emily May. She was 144 feet long and could carry 400 passengers. The Lady of the Lakes was abandoned in 1884.
  • General view of Barrie from St Josephs ConventGeneral view of Barrie from St Josephs Convent
    General view of Barrie looking south-west, probably from St Josephs Convent, ca. 1900.
  • View of Kempenfelt Bay shorelineView of Kempenfelt Bay shoreline
    View of Kempenfelt Bay shoreline looking northeast toward Barrie.
  • Mulcaster Street looking northMulcaster Street looking north
    Mulcaster Street looking north from the Barrie Market Square, likely from on top of the Market Building.
  • View of the Barrie skylineView of the Barrie skyline
    View of the Barrie skyline and north shore of Kempenfelt Bay as seen from the Allandale shoreline.
  • Townhouses on the north side of Collier StreetTownhouses on the north side of Collier Street
    Townhouses on the north side of Collier Street east of Owen Street. The larger house may have been built by John Weir, ca. 1845. It is still standing. The smaller house to the left was built by John Laird, ca. 1858.
  • Barrie shorelineBarrie shoreline
    Lithograph of the Barrie shoreline.
  • View of Barrie looking NorthView of Barrie looking North
    View of Barrie looking north from the foot of Toronto Street, ca 1890.
  • View of Mulcaster StreetView of Mulcaster Street
    View of Mulcaster Street above Market Square, ca. 1875.
  • Barrie shoreline from the railway tracksBarrie shoreline from the railway tracks
    View of the Barrie shoreline from the railway tracks west of the Grand Trunk Station, ca. 1875.
  • Barrie shoreline from the Grand Trunk Station.jpgBarrie shoreline from the Grand Trunk Station.jpg
    The Barrie shoreline from just west of the Grand Trunk Station, ca. 1875. The steamer Enterprise is at the dock. Built in 1861, she sank in 1905 at the Grand Trunk dock. Her wreck is still there.
  • Barrie waterfront looking northeastBarrie waterfront looking northeast
    View of the Barrie waterfront looking northeast, ca. 1875. The steamer on the left is the Lady of the Lakes, built in 1861 as the Emily May.