We will no longer be supporting IE7 and below as a web browser effective June 1st 2020. Click here for more information.

Sign In
Skip Navigation LinksSimcoe County > Archives > Livingstone Collection - Churches and Cemeteries

Livingstone Collection - Churches and Cemeteries

  • Trinity Episcopal ChurchTrinity Episcopal Church
    Trinity Episcopal Church, built opposite the Court House on Poyntz Street in 1835, was enlarged in 1857, abandoned in 1864 when the new Trinity church was built, and it was demolished in the 1940s.
  • First Anglican Church (1)First Anglican Church (1)
    Church yard of The First Anglican Church in Barrie, ca. 1876 (image 1).
  • First Anglican Church (2)First Anglican Church (2)
    Church yard of The First Anglican Church in Barrie, ca. 1876 (image 2)
  • First Anglican Church (3)First Anglican Church (3)
    Church yard of The First Anglican Church in Barrie, ca. 1876 (image 3). The cemetery marker for Jane Lount, daughter of George and Margaret, is to the right of the central corner post of the fence.
  • Man near the cemeteryMan near the cemetery
    Man near the cemetery markers of Ann and Mary Goldwell (?) of George and Hannah Goldwell ...
  • First Anglican Church (4)First Anglican Church (4)
    Church yard of The First Anglican Church in Barrie, ca. 1876 (image 4)
  • Headstone of Annie M JamesHeadstone of Annie M James
    Headstone of Annie M James in the church yard of The First Anglican Church, Barrie, after 1876.
  • Headstone of Maria CharlesHeadstone of Maria Charles
    Headstone of Maria Charles in the church yard of The First Anglican Church, Barrie, after 1876.
  • Headstone of Matilda JevonsHeadstone of Matilda Jevons
    Headstone of Matilda Jevons in the church yard of The First Anglican Church, Barrie, after 1876.
  • Headstone of Sarah Ann SimpsonHeadstone of Sarah Ann Simpson
    Headstone of Sarah Ann Simpson in the church yard of The First Anglican Church, ca. 1876.
  • Headstone of Sarah HenryHeadstone of Sarah Henry
    Headstone of Sarah Henry in the church yard of The First Anglican Church, ca. 1876.
  • Headstone of William WilsonHeadstone of William Wilson
    Headstone of William Wilson in the church yard of The First Anglican Church, ca. 1876.
  • Headstones in the church yardHeadstones in the church yard
    Headstones in the church yard of The First Anglican Church, ca. 1876.
  • The first St Marys churchThe first St Marys church
    The first St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church in Barrie, ca. 1890. It has been said that this is the original stable given by local Protestant Charles Thompson to the Roman Catholic population as a place of worship, but this is unverified.
  • Interior of unidentified churchInterior of unidentified church
    Interior of an unidentified church.
  • Interior of St Marys churchInterior of St Marys church
    Interior of St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church, Barrie, ca. 1890.
  • Primitive Methodist ChurchPrimitive Methodist Church
    Primitive Methodist Church on the northeast corner of Toronto Street and Elizabeth Street (now Dunlop Street), Barrie. First built in 1865, the church burnt in 1871. This photograph shows the replacement, which was built in 1872.
  • St Andrews Presbyterian ChurchSt Andrews Presbyterian Church
    St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church at the intersection of Worsley and Owen Streets. The church was built in 1863 to accommodate a burgeoning congregation.
  • StSt
    St. Joseph's Convent, Barrie. Built in 1885, it later became St. Joseph's High School.
  • East side of MulcasterEast side of Mulcaster
    On the east side of Mulcaster between Codrington and McDonald, the church was built in 1872 to designs by Shearman G. Bird and at a cost of $16,000.
  • St Marys Roman Catholic ChurchSt Marys Roman Catholic Church
    St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church in Barrie. The church was demolished in 1972. A new church was built at the corner of Dundonald and Theresa.
  • Trinity Anglican ChurchTrinity Anglican Church
    Trinity Anglican Church and school after the Fire of 1876. Fire damage is visible in the foreground. The church was built in 1864.
  • Unidentified churchUnidentified church
    Unidentified church.