We will no longer be supporting IE7 and below as a web browser effective June 1st 2020. Click here for more information.

Sign In
Skip Navigation LinksSimcoe County > Archives > Livingstone Collection - Public Buildings

Livingstone Collection - Public Buildings

  • Allandale Railway StationAllandale Railway Station
    Allandale Railway Station, ca. 1875-1880. From left to right: Roger McGill, Harry King, Mike Maloney, and John Dobson, track master.
  • Ardagh Home for Indigent WomenArdagh Home for Indigent Women
    Ardagh Home for Indigent Women on Dunlop Street Built in memory of Rev. S. B. Ardagh by his children in 1873 to designs by Clifford Thompson. It was demolished in 1967.
  • Barrie Fire HallBarrie Fire Hall
    Barrie Fire Hall between 1874-1895. It was built in 1873 after the former fire hall burned. This was also the seat of municipal government activity for Barrie. It was demolished in 1978.
  • Barrie Grand Trunk Railway stationBarrie Grand Trunk Railway station
    Barrie Grand Trunk Railway station with the steamer Lady of the Lakes docked ca. 1875. It was built in 1865 at the foot of Owen Street where Memorial Square is now. Lady of the Lakes, first named Emily May, was built in 1861 and abandoned in 1884.
  • Barrie Post Office on Gore propertyBarrie Post Office on Gore property
    Barrie Post Office on Gore property, south of Dunlop Street. Built in 1884 using stone from the Credit Valley. Demolished in 1958.
  • Gaol Hill BarrieGaol Hill Barrie
    Gaol Hill, Barrie. The Barrie Gaol is in the background on the hill. In the foreground is the first registry office built in 1846 at the corner of Mulcaster and Worsley.
  • General View of the Barrie shorelineGeneral View of the Barrie shoreline
    General View of the Barrie shoreline, looking northeast.
  • Market Building Barrie 1Market Building Barrie 1
    Market Building Barrie, ca. 1875. Renovations in 1877 increased the height of the tower, added a third floor, and added the decorative metalwork on the roof.
  • Market Building Barrie 2Market Building Barrie 2
    Market Building Barrie, post 1877. The renovations in 1877 increased the height of the tower, added a third floor, and added the decorative metalwork on the roof.
  • Market Building Barrie 3Market Building Barrie 3
    Market Building Barrie, post 1877. The renovations in 1877 increased the height of the tower, added a third floor, and added the decorative metalwork on the roof.
  • Original Simcoe County Court HouseOriginal Simcoe County Court House
    Original Simcoe County Court House, ca. 1868. Built in between 1840 and 1843 on the north side of Worsley Street. The white building in the rear housed the housekeeper, jury, and lawyers.
  • Second Simcoe County Registry OfficeSecond Simcoe County Registry Office
    Second Simcoe County Registry Office, ca. 1874. It was built in 1875 with stone floor, slate ceiling, brick walls, and iron shutters to be fireproof.
  • The Simcoe County Court House at BarrieThe Simcoe County Court House at Barrie
    The Simcoe County Court House at Barrie after renovations in 1877. It was remodelled so completely the original was only visible from the back. It was demolished in 1977.