For municipal records transfers, please contact us for information.
In order to make the donation process as efficient as possible, please ensure that:
- You have the legal right to donate the records
- The records adhere to our collections policy and relate to the history of the County, past and present.
Please provide as much of the following background information as you can:
- Name of creator or creating organization
- Custodial history – who has held the records, and when
- Historical or biographical information about the creator or creating organization
- The nature of the records and the purpose for which they were created and/or used
- Any rearrangement of the records that may have occurred
- Any organizational systems used to arrange the records
- Who holds copyright
Don't worry if you don't have all of this information. Give us a call and we can discuss it.
When outright donation is impossible, the Archives is willing to consider copy loans, whereby records are temporarily transferred to the Archives for digitization. The digital copies are then donated to the Archives, while the originals are returned to the owner.
If your donation does not meet our collections mandate, please contact us. We may be able to refer you to a more appropriate institution.
If you're interested in donating records, please contact us to set up an appointment to discuss possible donation.