Launched September 2019
Welcome to our Collections Highlights page. Here we will list recently processed archival records that are now available for use in our Reading Room. It is not a comprehensive list, but includes highlights selected by our processing archivists.
Note: Between January and mid-March 2020, Archives' staff undertook to arrange and describe several larger collections of records. They had not yet completed the process when, as a result of measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Archives was closed. The archivists responsible for processing are looking forward to the day when they can resume "normal activities," and add to this list of highlights.
Remember that you can search the Collections Database for detailed descriptions of nearly 45,000 records held at the Simcoe County Archives.
- Oro-Medonte Horticultural Society collection records
- Fall 2019 (No. VII) edition of the zine Penetang Review
- Royal of Templars of Temperance Charter (Barrie No. 139 Select Council), 1902
Corporate and Municipal Records
- Severn Township municipal records
- S. K. Lount collection
- East Simcoe District Women's Institute records
- Lake St. George Women's Institute records
- Westmount Women's Institute
- Victoria Crescent Women's Institute
- Roger Miller Postcard collection