The Homeownership Program aims to assist low-to-moderate income renter households, in Simcoe County, to purchase an affordable home by providing 10% down payment assistance in the form of a forgivable loan.
The Program provides renter households with the opportunity to move to homeownership thereby freeing up rental units, encouraging developers to build affordable housing and fostering demand.
Applicants are encouraged to apply even though there is a waiting list of approximately one to two years for this program.
A percentage of available funding will be designated for applicants currently living in Social Housing or those who self-identify as Aboriginal households. Self-identified Aboriginal households also have the opportunity to access an alternative homeowner assistance program Ontario Aboriginal Housing Services, although applicants cannot access both programs.
How to Apply
- Mortgage Pre-Approval – Please contact a mortgage broker, trust company, credit union, bank or other qualified lender of your choice to apply for a no cost mortgage pre-approval.
- For Homeownership Application details, click here.
- For Homeownerhsip Brochure, click here.
- Required Attachments – Review your application carefully to ensure all requested supporting documentation is attached. Applications that are incomplete or missing required documentation will be returned.
- Submit Application – Applications can be submitted in person or by mail to the following address:
County of Simcoe
Social Housing Department
1110 Hwy. 26 West
Midhurst, ON L0L 1X0
For assistance with the Homeownership Program Application or to have an application package mailed to you, please call, 705 725-7215 x1119 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.