Keep Your Eyes on the Road
It's estimated that distracted driving accounts for 30 to 80 percent of collisions with cell phone use being a large contributor. Please take a few minutes to watch this video on distracted driving as a reminder of how easy it can be to get distracted while on the road.
Watch your Speed
Beat the Summer Heat!
With the arrival of the warmer weather our incidents of heat related illnesses will increase. Without taking preventative measures, we are all at risk of developing heat related illnesses.
People with an increased risk are:
- The elderly
- Infants and Young children
- People on certain medications
- Outdoor workers
We can reduce our risk of acquiring heat related illnesses by the following methods:
- Drink lots of water
- Go to air conditioned public venues (shopping malls, libraries)
- Wear loose clothing
- Plan outdoor activities for the cooler parts of the day
- Use and reapply sunscreen
- Talk to your pharmacist about medication you are taking
- Use fans, cool wet towels, or cool baths
- Stay in shaded areas, keep blinds drawn
Check on family and friends, especially those at higher risk of heat related illnesses. Look for symptoms such as:
- Extreme thirst
- Nausea, vomiting, dizziness or fainting
- Rapid breathing